Welcome!

Hi all,
I wonder how you got here, but I'm glad you are.
Basically on this blog I will publish a bunch of pixels that generally speaking will form an image.

I am not an artist, not at all.


In my profession (which is more tech/geek/nerd oriented) I deal with a lot of art though, so I decided
to put here some stuff I do in the spare time trying to mimic the true artists I work with.

Gabriele

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finally Anatomy: back to skull!

Okay guys,
I've finally arranged some time to study the full human anatomy.
This will be almost designed to improve myself as a character rigger. Why? Because to proper deform a computer generated human / creature the more we know about anatomy the better.
So here we go, back to school again.
As a starting point I've decided to purchase this book, which covers almost every muscle using a 3d sculpting software called zBrush.

So stay tuned for updated (if you care of course!)

Step 01:
The boxed man. Following the first chapters of the book above I've created in Maya a simple boxed human mesh that will be exported and subdivided and then of course sculpted in zBrush:
Step 02:
The skeleton reference, this is useful when dealing with muscle insertions and boney landmarks. Is a nice little tip I've found at the beginning of the book. Also there are proportion planes took keep track of the general human proportion: height = 8 skulls.



Step 03:
Bring everything into zBrush, and we are ready to go. I guess next update will take a while :P (yes I know, this was the easy part)

Step 04:
This is the same mesh after 1 hour of sculpting. Nothing really great, I am still sketching the volumes.
There is also a 4 minute long timelapse.
Oh I love timelapses! 



1 comment:

  1. Are you going to do a boxy lady too? Hendrix Style?

    Boxy
    Boxy

    You know you're a cut little heartbreaker
    Boxy
    You know you're a sweet little lovemaker
    Boxy

    I wanna take you home
    I won't do you no harm, no
    You've got to be all mine, all mine
    Ooh, Boxy lady
    I see you, heh, on down on the scene
    Boxy
    You make me wanna get up and scream
    Boxy
    Ah, baby listen now
    I've made up my mind
    I'm tired of wasting all my precious time
    You've got to be all mine, all mine
    Boxy lady
    Here I come

    I'm gonna take you home
    I won't do you no harm, no
    You've got to be all mine, all mine

    Here I come
    I'm comin' to get ya
    Boxy lady
    You look so good
    Yeah, Boxy
    Yeah, give us some
    Boxy
    Yeah, get it, babe
    You make me feel like
    Feel like sayin' Boxy
    Boxy
    Boxy lady
    Boxy lady

    ReplyDelete